Wednesday, June 23, 2010
1. Age - This is the primary risk factor of all. As a man gets older his chances of having this cancer is high. In US alone, Man who has prostate cancer are males who's around 65 years and above. You seldom see it on men age 45 below.
2. Race- The most common people to have this cancer are Hispanics and African-American compared to Indian/white-American and Asians.
3. Diet- Studies show that there is a higher risk of those men whose diet are more on animal fats and meat compared to men who are on a vegetable and fruit diet.
4. Family history- There is a greater risk if one of your relative already has prostate cancer such as father or brother. Genetics or heredity is something that you can't avoid
5. Environment - Environment toxins, such as chemicals and industrial products, Men who is working in a polluted environment has greater chance of having this disease.
If you know that you have a high risk in having prostate cancer, or your high on risk factors, you have to consult your doctor immediately. But if someone have a family history of having this type of cancer, Well, of course they have