It's normal to forget some things sometimes, and it's normal to become somewhat more forgetful as you age, but it's not normal too forget too much. Regardless of age some people are more intelligent or more physically coordinated. Having a good memory is really an advantage. Here are Natural Memory enhancer techniques to improve our memory and helps to avoid having Alzheimer disease:
- Stimulate your brain's neural circuits to grow by using your memory to the utmost. Challenge your mind learn new skills. If you work in a office, dabble in painting. If you're a housewife learn a new language. I f your an engineer, take a dancing lessons. If your a physician try poetry.
- Filter data what is most important and concentrate on remembering them. Don't try to memorize everything.
- Recite, saying ideas aloud is an effective way to concentrate short term knowledge to long term memory.
- Use mnemonic devices to help you remember a list of facts or steps on a procedure. For example ROY G. BIV stands for all the colors on a rainbow, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet.
- Take vitamins that are essential for the proper functioning of memory like vitamins B1, B9 and B12. These are found in fruits and vegetables, bread and cereal.
- Drink enough water. Research have shown that dehydration affects memory, causing confusions and thought difficulties.
- Get enough sleep. Lack of sleep directly affects the brain, impairing concentration and storing of information.
- Stay off alcohol. Excessive alcohol intake has extremely an damaging effect on memory. Studies have shown that even a small amount of alcohol interfere with the ability of remembering.
- Stop smoking. Smoking robs the brain of oxygen, thus affecting memory.