It's still not so clear how probiotics did it, but based on studies it will help in preventing some diseases such as the following:
- Tooth decay and gum disease. Based on Theory, Probiotics that are found in plain yogurt can maintain a healthy teeth and gums because it helps to regulate streptococcus mutans and porphyromonas gingivalis both are bacterium that causes tooth decay and gum disease.
- Based on studies, It was shown that probiotics helps maintain healthy immune system and continously strenghten it. This can fight abnormal cells so that it won't affect normal cells.
- protect against hostile bacteria to prevent infection
- improve digestion and absorption of food and nutrients.
It helps in treatment and prevention of the following:
- irritable bowel syndrome
- vaginal infections
- urinary tract infections
- Crohn's disease
- eczema in kids
- infection of the digestive tract
There are some probiotics that offers unusual health benefits
Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterum. Reduce allergic response from food while strengthen the immune system. It also reduce gastrointeritis immature digestion.
You can get probiotics in fermented cheese, soy milk, miso, buttermilk and fermented or cultured dairy products.