- Sandalwood = Strengthens and sedates. It also relieves tension and stress, insomnia and anxiety. Primarily used as a fragrance, for its pleasant, woody fragrance.
- Peppermint = Invigorates and comforts. It also clears the mind. Its also used in a wide variety of medicinal applications.
- Lavender = Relaxes and cools. It also aids in relieving you of irritability, anxiety, and stress. Used primarily as a fragrance. Also used medicinally. Tip: A few drops on your pillow will ensure a good night sleep.
- Eucalyptus = Stimulates revives, and refreshes. Historically used as a germicide. Commonly used in cough medicine, among other medicinal uses.
- Lemongrass = Uplifts. It will also give you clarity, concentration, and awareness. Lemongrass is a highly fragrant grass from India. In India, it is used to help treat fevers and infections. The oil is also very useful for insect repellent.
- Ylang-ylang = calms, uplifts, warms, and soothes.
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Image by cafemama via FlickrEverybody wants to smell something nice everyday, no wants to smell bad odor things right? That's why i try aromatherapy in our house specially in my room i used aromatherapy specially when I'm feeling tired, depressed and anxious it helps me in relaxing after all days work and when you get home all you want to do is take a rest in your room. What i do is i used essential oils (later ill give my favorite essential oils)and drops it with distilled water for burning, then use a burner that is deep and bowl like at the top. Once you've lighted the burner and the oils starts to evaporate you can smell the essence of the oils and feel relax. you can consult a aromatherapist, for information's about aromatherapy, buy the necessary essential oils and burners and prepare yourself for a night of total rest and relaxation. Here are some of my favorite essential oils and its benefits.