To know early if you have breast cancer try to do self breast examinations two weeks after your menstruation. 80 to 85 % of breast cancer are discovered by patients themselves. Visit your doctor regularly for a professional examination. Detection is the key to survival. Asses yourself by the following risk factors:
- Is the skin in your breast starting to resemble an orange rind?
- Do you have an inverted nipple that wasn't inverted before?
- Do you have dimple like indentation on your breast?
- Are you infertile?
- Are you overweight?
- Do you eat high fat diet?
- Do you have joint and back pains?
- Do you have an itchy sore around the nipple?
- Have you been using oral contraceptives for a long time?
- Have you had a breast mass even in benign?
- Do you have a first degree relative who has had breast cancer?
Remember detection is the key to prevent breast cancer.