Grocery's Dos and Don'ts, The risk of food poisoning can be eliminated by taking extra precautions, here are simple tips on what not to buy when you hit a grocery store:
- Dented cans
- Leaking cartons, cans, bottles, or containers
- Products with torn or ripped packaging
- C raked eggs
- Dairy products or frozen foods left out of refrigerators
- Products with discoloration
- Products with broken or imperfect seals
- Products in loose vacuum packs
- Swollen chilled food packages and cans
- Products labeled " keep refrigerated" or keep chilled" but are not chilled storage
Consumers must do the following tips:
- Always buy refrigerated and frozen foods towards the end of your shopping trip.
- Ask the packer to pack raw meats in a separate bag from other products to prevent juices from tainting other products such as vegetables.
- Always go home directly - don't leave your groceries inside a hot car.
- When you get home, immediately unpack chilled and frozen products into the refrigerator or freezer.
That's it! Enjoy your Grocery Shopping!!!