- Do things that relax you and reduce your stress levels.
- Get an annual medical check up. When you go for your blood test, ask for kidney function test too. Have your urine checked for blood, protein, and sugar.
- Exercise regularly. Do at least 30 minutes of activity that increases your heart rate five or more days of the week.
- Stick to balanced diet. Eats a lots of fruits, vegetables and grain based food like bread pasta noodles and rice. Eat some lean meat like chicken and fish each week, and only small amounts of salty, sugary, or fatty foods.
- Don't smoke. THer is no safe level of smoking that does not destroy the walls of the blood vessels. Smoking is also a risk factor for kidney cancer.
- Have your blood sugar checked for diabetes. Diabetes can also cause damage to the kidneys.
- Get your blood pressure and cholesterol levels checked regularly. High levels of both damage blood vessels in the kidneys.
- Drink plenty of water every day, limit your intake of alcohol and other stimulating drinks. These are diuretics and dehydrate the body.
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Our kidney is very important part of our body, it removes wastes from the body. Remove excess water from the body. Nutrients that cannot be used by the body become toxic materials from the body through the urine. Control body chemistry by regulating the amount of salt, water, and other chemicals in the body. And make and regulate important hormones that control blood pressure, red clood cell production, and calcium absorption. The kidneys perform these crucial task in our body for us to prevent from having kidney stones, kidney infections and disease, and kidney cancer. we have to protect our kidney thats the most effective way of avoiding these diseases. Here are some helpful tips on how to keep our kidney strong and healthy.