Friday, February 12, 2010
Most of us know which food are healthy and which food are not, but sometimes we tend to forget the real nutritious food. so here's a list of top ten most nutritious food:
1. Tomatoes- tomatoes are rich in lycopene an anti-oxidant. It maintains healthy cells. You can also try Ketchup and tomato juice. Tomatoes are well known to prevent cancer.
2. Citrus fruits - Oranges, lemons, calamansi and other citrus fruits are all high in Vitamin C. That helps to prevents Colds, Asthma and arthritis.
3. Green vegetables- Vegetables such as spinach, cabbage, cauliflower and other green leafy vegetables are very significant in maintaining a healthy body. It is rich in vitamins and minerals. In my opinion if you love veggies or let me say you eat veggies daily, you don't need to take too much of vitamins. Not just being practical but you save money right? It is also good in prevention of different diseases such as heart problems, diabetes, stomach problems, and other cancers.
4. Fatty fish - Oily fish such as salmon, mackerel and sardines has omega-3. takes care of our heart. It prevents stroke and lowers bad cholesterol in our body.
5. Carrots - Carrots are good source of Vitamin A promotes better eyesight. A,d for those who are trying to lose weight, try half cup of carrots it only has 35 calories. Sol let's teach our children to eat carrots.
6. Bananas - This is the most nutritious fruit for me. It can help cure ulcer and other stomach problems. If you are suffering from diarrhea bananas can help. It can calm stomach cramps because it is high in potassium. If you sweat a lot and needs energy. Try to eat bananas.Many athletes consume bananas in the middle o a game or before a game. It provides energy and alertness.
7. Apple- an apple a day keeps the doctor away. It has vitamin c and pectin that flushes out toxins in our body.
8. Water- it may not be food but it is still part of our daily diet. It can prevent UTI, stomach acids and promotes healthier skin.
9. Milk, Cheese and Yogurt- Dairy products are products that we can call "complete foods" Milk has proteins, carbohydrates, fats and calcium for women. but for those who are on a diet. try low-fat milk.
10. Garlic- garlic lowers cholesterol, but just be careful with your consumption too much garlic can give you upset stomach.
These are just 10 of the most nutritious but there's a lot more. Just keep in mind that This list is just a reminder that you don't need to buy very expensive supplements to be healthy. We just need discipline and proper diet. So check your daily meal and be sure to include these foods to your list. Happy eating!