When i was in high school(third year to be exact) My math teacher never forgets to give us some mind exercise before we start our class. I hate it at first, but as weeks passed by. Me and my classmates began to enjoy it. Mind exercise not only helps you in your memory but it also helps in retaining mental capacity. It helps us to stay sharp as we age. And you never know it might also help to prevent age-related mental or memory problem such as dementia.
Here are some mind exercises that you can do anywhere.
- Try to switch your wrist watch to your other arm, for example your watch is always on your right arm. Wear it on your left arm for a change. The next time you check the time. You might still be looking on your right arm.
- Recite the alphabet backwards.
- Try to remember the lyrics of an old song
- play sudoku
- Look at your enemies point of view. Ask yourself and answer.
- Name all the movies you hate/like/
- If your driving try to explore new ways.
- Memorize your credit card number.
There are still so many ways to exercise our mind. So the next time you found yourself in a traffic. Stay cool and exercise your mind.