Do you have skin problem that characterized by thick, red patches of skin covered by white or silvery scales? maybe its a skin disorder called Psoriasis. It is not that infectious, and may manifest in alternating periods when the psoriasis goes into remission and when it becomes worse. It usually appears between the ages of 20 and 30, and tends to run in families, means it can be inherited. Psoriasis, even in mild cases, may cause sever embarrassment, shame, and social isolation. It cannot kill, but it can ruin people lives. The causes of Psoriasis are not yet fully known but the disorder is associated with, Overproduction of new skin cells (10 times faster than normal), leading to the buildup of live cells (the caused of thickened patches) and profuse shedding of outer skin layer. Also with combination of factors, including heredity, stress period after physical illness or infection, certain medications.
Here are some of the complications that can be experienced by a person with Psoriasis
- Arthritis (inflammation of the joint) in severe cases
- Impaired use of hands or feet
- Depression due to low self esteem.
So here are the right way to treat Psoriasis
- Sunbathe 15 to 30 minutes daily, though not to the point of being sunburn. A sun ultraviolet lamp is an alternative.
- Apply some Petroleum jelly to affected areas.
- Learn to manage stress.
- Follow a healthy lifestyle, Keep a healthy body weight.
- Avoid drinking alcohol. It may decrease the effectiveness of treatments.
- If you are not sure on what your doing then its time to call the doctor and seek some medical help.