Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My Fiance accidentally Sprain his ankle


My fiance accidentally sprain his ankle this morning, while he is going down the stairs. I saw the look in his face, as he suffers from the shooting pain of his sprained ankle. So the first thing that we do is give the ankle a cold compress so that in can prevents much of the inflammation from developing, counteracts the increased blood flow to the sprained ankle, and It can also reduces the swelling, redness, and warmth.

After the cold compress my fiance rest his injured ankle to prevents further injury and avoids stress on already inflamed tissue. A research about sprained ankle, it must be elevated to help the body to absorb fluid that has leaked into the tissue. As much as possible it must be elevated above the level of the heart. Anti-Inflammatory medicines can also be helpful.

My fiance have to wait until he can walk it off, but for now he need some rest to have a fast recovery from his injury.

7 comments:

aybi said...

poor guy, I know how it feels. Get well soon!

redamethyst said...

I hope your fiancee is feeling better now.

Liz said...

I hope it gets better soon.

Johnny Ong said...

had such feeling b4 and it was uncomfortable and really really handicapped for abt a week

Feisty Crone said...

ouch! I have done this, a long time ago. He's doing all the right things, and hope he feels better soon.

HEALTH NUT WANNABEE MOM said...

I hope he feels better soon! I did that when I was a kid and it hurt so bad that I still remember it!

Karen & Gerard Zemek said...

I bet the hardest part is staying off it. Was for my husband!

Post a Comment

Health Counter